FREE BOOK: Common Threads Stories of Survival & Recovery From Mental Illness
In 2007 Patrick Hedry (former E.D. of the Florida Peer Network), Mark Engelhardt, M.S., A.C.S.W. of USF Faculty – Department of Mental Health Law and Policy published a book called Common Threads Stories of Survival & Recovery From Mental Illness.
It has had wide exposure here in Florida and was sold from a few different website. You can also get a free copy of the book in PDF file. I want to pass this link on to you and encourage you to read it.http://www.samhcorp.org/publications/common_threads.pdf
Word is that Mark might write a new book and feature all new peers and their recovery stories. It that happens I’ll let you know when and who you should send them too.
Oh, I want to remind you that next month, May 2009 is Mental Health Awareness month. There are a few events going on. The biggest local is the Mental Health Humors Project Cartoon-a-thon. This years focus is on Mental Health Hero’s check it out.
- 10. March 2010: Rose Delaney’s Common Threads Stories of Survival & Recovery From Mental Illness
- 4. March 2010: Miss Florida Rachael Todd
- 19. February 2010: Hot Of the Press: Florida Peer Network, Inc.
- 1. January 2010: Peter Ashenden on Mental Health Recovery
- 24. December 2009: What is a Florida Certified Recovery Peer Specialist
- 17. December 2009: How I feel taking new Mental Health Meds
- 17. December 2009: Florida Peer Network Hires Rose Delaney as New Executive Director
- 2. October 2009: 10 Fundamental Components of Recovery