Medicaid Package Has NOT Yet to Pass the Full Legislature – HELP give IT A PUSH!
NAMI Florida, Inc. Administrative Assistant Nichole Theis asked all Floridians to “Please share with others”. In my last post NO CUTS TO Mental Health AND Substance Abuse FUNDING BUT REINVESTMENT GRANTS ELIMINATED. Please read over the Please information contained in the CHAINReaction newsletter and take any action you can to help pass the full legislature.
You can reach Nichole Theis:
NAMI Florida, Inc. – 1030 E. Lafayette Street, #10 – Tallahassee, FL 32301
May 3, 2011
Only one week left for Floridas regular legislative session, and a promised Medicaid package has yet to pass the full legislature. Last week’s news from Washingtons CMS may impact the final outcome.
- Last Thursday, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) sent a letter to Florida informing the State they will not authorize statewide expansion of the Medicaid Reform pilot program because they dont have anything to approve yet. They also told the State they want to see stronger accountability and consumer protections. The battle is far from over, but we here at Florida CHAIN are very happy that CMS was so responsive to the concerns we raised and are grateful to all of you who helped make the case that an expansion of the Medicaid Reform pilot would be dangerous to Floridians’ health.
- Florida CHAIN analyzed the impact of the CMS decision on pending legislation.
- Read Florida CHAIN’s previous letter to CMS explaining that AHCA’s notice was legally out-of-bounds, and that rejecting Florida’s plan was the only possible response.
- Greg Mellowe sums up what the CMS letter means in the Associated Press.
- Last week, Florida CHAIN issued an urgent alert to take action on the disastrous Medicaid privatization bill. The Senate still hasnt voted, so please click and take action. Tell your Senator: Sick Floridians are Not for Sale! Its quick and easy: Just add your name and contact information.
- Debate over the Senate Medicaid bill has been filled with untruths. Read our CHAIN Links to Reality fact check on SB 1972.
- To advance our campaign, Moving Forward, Protecting Our Care, Florida CHAIN is delivering a series of interactive workshops across the state to educate the public on the benefits of the Affordable Care Act. Space is still available for the May 4th Palm Beach workshop and the May 26th Tampa Bay workshop.
- Want to make sure Florida implements the Affordable Care Act? Join organizations for a statewide coalition meeting and strategy session in Orlando, May 12th.
- Florida CHAIN continues to make consumer voices heard in the news media. Heres the latest:
Do you have trouble accessing your prescription medications? Tell us about it to help us advocate for change.